Get Ready for the Fair – Palm Bay Fair
- October 08, 2014
- Bradley Taylor
The Palm Bay Fair is coming on October 16th to the 26th. They plans are in full swing and it’s promised that all will have a fantastic time. Sponsored by Space Coast Harley Davidson, it will be located on a 15-acre spot at the intersection of I-95 and Palm Bay Road.
For the price of admission ($10 to $15), you will have access to as many free rides as you or the kids can handle and all the free shows you can attend. There will be ten games of skill and twenty six rides. Other offerings this year include:
- Awesome Candy Apples. Ok – so maybe this isn’t the top reason people go to the fair. But fair food is definitely an attraction and candy apples do top the list. They are sweet, crunchy and can be coated in other confectionaries or nuts. In addition to candy apples, an abundance of other fair foods will be available. These include more than 124 pounds of barbecue, polish sausages, Italian sausages, cotton candy, and funnel cakes.
- The scariest haunted house in all of Florida! There are more than 10,000 square feet of walkway through the house. During your terrifying walk, you will encounter zombies, demonic clowns, possessed rooms, asylum chambers and lots and lots of blood and gore.
- Jennifer, the Human Cannonball. Standing slightly above five foot tall, Jennifer is shot out of a cannon at speeds more than 50 miles per hour for distances approaching 82 feet. The “Cannon Lady” has been featured on major media sources such as the Today Show, the Discovery Channel, and National Geographic for Kids.
- Professional Bull Riding. More than 20 of the wildest, craziest and biggest bulls will go head to head with some of the wildest and craziest bull riders. A heart racing and fun-filled time is guaranteed.
- The URIAS circus and Globe of Death show. The circus, which is over 100 years old, presents multiple artists, gymnasts, clowns and even superheroes. But their biggest draw is the Globe of Death. Several performers riding dirt bikes race each other at speeds up to 60 miles per hour within the tiny 16 foot wide Globe of Death. You will be awed watching their death-defying stunts.
- Children’s Halloween Costume Contest. Scheduled for Saturday, October 25th at 3 pm, your kids can enter the costume contest and be judged on multiple factors including creativity, stage presence and completed costume. All children receive a ribbon for participation, but the top three winners in each age group will also receive a prize.