Internet Statistics for Businesses
- September 26, 2019
- Bradley Taylor
For a business, having a web presence is a must. And this means more than just having a social media page. Creating your own online identity complete with unique content is the real definition of having an online presence.
Recently, I was looking up some web statistics and suggestions and figured I would share them with you today.
- Less than two-thirds (64%) of small businesses have a website. source
- It is recommended by professionals that 25-30% of your entire marketing budget should be focused on website content. source
- Businesses that use 40% of their marketing budget on content alone are seeing best results in 2019. source
- 35% of small business owners feel that their business is too small for a website. source
- 70-80% of people research a business online before visiting them or making a purchase. source
In my 17 years of doing this work I have learned that people will read your content. They want to learn. If you know something about your industry, put it in a blog. People will read it.
Search engines will send people to your blog/website if you are offering real, genuine content. More traffic = more sales. That is the bottom line. It doesn’t matter the size of your business, you need a website. You need content.
Sometimes people are too busy doing their actual job to write about it. That is why they hire content firms like ours. We learn our customers’ industry and publish content for them. The results have been outstanding.
The article you (or we) write today and share on social media, may land you a sale in a week, month or a year from now. If there is nothing attracting people to your site, they will not come.
An inactive website is a dead website.